A survey by Rehab 4 Addiction using Facebook reveals more than 80% of people aged 55+ are contemplating asking their doctor about medicinal cannabis following the upcoming change that’s due to kick in next week
It’s so doubtless that the employment of healthful cannabis may become far more widespread than was ab initio anticipated. of those surveyed, virtually 100 percent aforesaid they’d think about asking their doctor if they’d a heavy health condition that seasoned cannabis.
The survey also sought to determine the specific health reasons that would compel those surveyed to seek out medicinal cannabis. This is perhaps where the results of this survey are most interesting. A massive 29% of people surveyed said they would inquire about medicinal cannabis to help treat sleeping problems. Other common health concerns were chronic pain and arthritis.
84% of these surveyed aforesaid they powerfully in agreement cannabis can be a simpler method of treating pain than standard prescription medications. within the queries that followed, it became apparent that a lot of folks would favor requiring a naturally full-grown medication instead of a synthetic medication.
Interestingly, only 31% of those surveyed supported the legalization of cannabis for recreational use, so there is clearly much less support compared to using cannabis for medical purposes.
Some of the highlights of this survey include:
• an enormous eightieth of individuals aforesaid they’d cash in of the amendment within the law.
• virtually 100 percent of individuals aforesaid they’d think about asking their doctor if they’d a heavy health condition that seasoned cannabis.
• twenty-ninth of individuals aforesaid they’d use cannabis to treat sleeping issues. this might mean plenty a lot of folks request to be prescribed cannabis that what was expected.
• eighty-four of these surveyed aforesaid they powerfully in agreement with cannabis being created legal for medical functions
• curiously, solely thirty-first aforesaid they in agreement with cannabis being created legal for recreational functions, therefore there’s clearly a lot of less support compared to victimization cannabis for medical functions
• sixty-nine of individuals powerfully in agreement cannabis can be simpler than a lot of standard prescription pain medications
“It’s clear that the vast majority of those who are likely to benefit from medicinal cannabis is at least willing to give it try. For too long, the Government has ignored the advice given to it by its own professional advisors, and this change in the law is well-overdue,” said Oliver Clark, CEO of Rehab 4 Addiction.
Oliver continues, “but it’s equally clear the general public mood isn’t strictly in favor of legalizing cannabis for recreational functions. It’s unlikely we’ll see a repeat of what’s simply happened in North American country over within the GB any time shortly.”